What's Going ON?
We are rowing 101km for Grey College Rowing Club and Coppafeel Charity. It will be on the 13th June on the lawn outside Grey. We will be rowing from 7am-7pm in our height of fashion unisuits. There will be donuts on sale so come along to support us, or even join in for a short time if you feel up for it.
Who are We?
Hi, we are Genevieve and Georgia, first years in Grey college. We have discovered our true love in life (other than the sesh), rowing. For the shanter we have decided to embark on the greatest challenge since Frodo went to middle earth, we are rowing 101K (that is 12 hours ladies and gents). Bear in mind we have only been rowing for a year, so while some people may call us insane...we agree with them
It was a Thursday afternoon, as the sun was gently setting behind a dark cloud. Georgia and Genevieve sat down, full, after a meal of potatoes. This is when the conversation began. We knew that in this harsh winter money was desperately needed. Grey College Boat club was on its last legs, and of course helping young women spot cancer earlier is vital. So we decided we were going to do something about this, no longer would we sit around letting this atrocity continue. So here we are about to row 101k for two very worthy causes.
In all seriousness, rowing has really enhanced our uni experience, and CoppaFeel is such a great charity raising money for teenagers like us to get the help and support that they need in the fight against breast cancer. So this money will really help aid both of these fantastic causes, and we really would appreciate it if you could do your bit by donating because without you guys this couldn't happen!
Where will the money go?
- The money we raise will be spilt 50/50 between GCBC and Coppafeel.
- If we raise £1000 in total GCBC's share will go towards fixing the riggers, if we raise £2000 then we will buy a new single boat, as we recently lost ours.
- If this really takes off the extra money will go towards some much needed repairs.
- We will be giving you regular updates on our training on our Facebook event
- If you donate over £50 you get the most adorable Grey College Boat Club teddy bear- so get donating!
Images and video
Find us here
Find us on Facebook to track our training and updates of the event day.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.